Monday, October 5, 2015

Mission XP - 5 October 2015



My favorites were Elder Holland's and President Uctchdorf's first talk. I don't remember
Walt. Sorry. How is Kristina doing?
This week was awesome! Jessica took her first huge step of faith, which she was very much already prepared for, by being baptized this last Friday. I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling and I kept hugging Brother Lopez, who also was very excited. I don't have words to describe the feelings and emotions I had Friday night at Jessica's baptism, but exceeding joy seems to be the closest fit. I have felt the spirit this strong at two other baptisms. Triston and Lauren. But wow,
how every experience I am able to have of witnessing another person being able to make these sacred covenants fills my heart with such joy and an overwhelming sensation of the spirit further testifies to me of this great and marvelous work. How can the gospel we have and the church that has been established not be true when the Holy Ghost himself testifies so boldly and so strong when another comes back to the fold of our loving shepherd. This actually kind of ties in with my studies this week which were focused on being bold and opening my mouth to testify to people. You know...it's actually not as hard as we make it seem. I don't know how many times I've been told,"why be afraid of talking to people about the gospel they see your a missionary, they know what you are planning on talking to them about" but it really didn't hit me until I heard it this last time at zone conference or right after. They do know what we want to talk to them about why am I so scared. And while the responses may be the same and their are still those uninterested people I am now working towards being the best missionary I can be by literally
talking to everyone about the gospel. The first evening my companion and I did this we saw an immediate miracle of having the opportunity to stop by this members house where a less active nephew lived. If we had not talked what opportunities we would miss out on. I don't like knowing their are miracles out their I'm missing out on sharing but I like it a lot less knowing that I've missed some of those miracles and I didn't have to because all I had to do was...well my calling.

I'm trying my hardest to apply the things I've learned, and if you could keep me in your prayers and ask for me to be given strength and a good bit of courage as I talk to everyone I see so the fear may be gone, I'd very much appreciate it.

I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment