Thursday, October 22, 2015

Mission XP - 19 October 2015


It's great to hear about daisy and that she'll soon have pups! I saw one of my favorite family's (the Hermansons') daughters from Glenmoor at the sizzler the other night when one of my favorite family's (the Riches) from Founders Park took me out to dinner because I'm probably leaving tommorow. It was filled with mixed emotions. I don't want to leave but my companion is going to be training and I've been hear 8 ish months so I'm probably gone. Sister Hermanson responded to an email I sent them last week and she said, "Let us know how transfers went.  One of our Elders leaves this Wednesday to go home so maybe....  haha  We can only wish!" Haha!

This week was pretty darn amazing. It was filled with many a miracles. One of my favorites was that we kept getting small thoughts and inspirations to go certain places at the end of the day several different days and we ended up bumping into a lady named Rabecca every single time. It was so cool this last time it happened we had 7 minutes left and we saw the steeple of our church building and I said I think we need to go to the church building elder. But we realized there wouldn't be anyone there at the time we went, it was 8:53, but we went anyway because I wasn't sure if it was just my thoughts or a prompting and we acted and we bumped into Rabecca who was also out walking and we talked to her. We didn't even make it to the church building because we Werner supposed to go there. I very much feel like 1. We were being guided in the DIRECTION we need to head towards and 2. This was a small test. We were guided somewhere that there was clearly going to be no one at so we could have easily thought oh there won't be anyone there so let's go home or somewhere else but we don't know nor can we ever see the whole picture. What a blessing it was that we acted on that prompting because if we hadn't we wouldn't have set up the appointment for his week in which we taught lesson one and picked her up as an investigator. She went to church too. She asked us what time it was before we could even invite her it was awesome!
The biggest thing I learned in studies this week was in preach my gospel "what is my purpose as a missionary?" And the revelation I got was just crazy important for me because I understand that the atonement is important. I've felt it play a huge and very sacred role in my life that I will not easily forget. However, even as I've read the scriptures finding thing relevant to the Atonement of Jesus Christ I feel I became a bit prideful or arrogant in not understanding WHY I was reading about the atonement in every personal study (something we've been asked to do by our mission president) when I came across this amazingly beautifully said passage that I the sole purpose of why I'm here anyway, "As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase. You will feel, as Lehi did, the “great … importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth” I don't know why it stuck out so big to me but it makes sense. My desire and the importance of sharing this message to EVERYONE we see and meet will only grow if I more fully and personally understand the atonement. 
Lastly a non member offered us a ride home tonight. He lives in our area, never met him before but very very nice. As we talked we eventually began to talk about his friends then family and before we left we were prompted to ask him if there was anything we could do for him. He asked us if we could keep 
Provincia
Barbosa
Scarborough
Alex 
and Amiia 
In our prayers. Would you mind keeping them in your prayers. Health and comfort mainly. Thank you
Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment