Monday, September 26, 2016

Mission XP - 19 September 2-16

Here it is! Finally feeling like I"m sprinting. We started this transfer off strong with a baptism and several lessons and the last couple weeks have not been to hot. But Saturday...Saturday was a tender mercy of the Lord and it was amazing. We went to a house this evening, we thought it was a family with a Spanish last name but it ended up being a house full of Y.S.A. One guy was on the porch smoking and I didn't even see him till we were almost at the door because it was dark but then I saw the light from the cigarette. He said hey. He was super friendly and we talked for a bit. Then I started to do the 4 minute restoration (he was a non member, Catholic but not active) and I got through the first 2 principles but then two other people walked out of the house and started talking to us and asked us where we were from and stuff and I was like nooooo we were so close :) I kinda
chuckled in my head. But the guy that came out was a less active who is dating a non member gal. He is less active but he know the ordinances done in the church are true and when we asked if we could come by he said yes he would love it. He wants his girlfriend to take the lessons. I was so happy. Also, sad because they are Y.S.A. but I don't care because I know we were where the Lord needed us to find him. And he is ready and I feel the other guy will be receptive. And I was very happy too because Elder Bowen is the Y.S.A. over him and he is an amazing missionary and so is Elder Owens. And we went to a bbq one ward through tonight and thier was an 18 yr old from Tennessee (near where im from in Tennessee) who just so happens to be here for one more week visiting his active grandparents. He isn't a member because his parent are inactive. He is actually Baptist. But what are the chances that we met tonight. Not coincidence I promise you that. And we hit it off great...he's redneck ;) which is home for me. So when I get home were gonna hangout and go hunting or something awesome. He is a great guy and I'm excited to have to opprotunity to have a chance to share the gospel with him when I get home! And finnally  their was another very special expirience tonight with another less active man who I, for a reason I dont know yet, have a surprising amount of love for and desire to help. We went to stop by this less active guys house to talk to his non member son. We ended up talking to the father the whole time because his son wasn't home. I'd talked to the father before just once. This was the best part of the night. We talked for a good 20 minutes and he asked sincere questions about after we die. We talked about desire, the eternal principle of repentence, and the infinite atonement and what the infinite part means for us. All my
answers were directed by the spirit...I could feel this.


Elder Costa and I are doing great! I love him. He is helping me sprint and he is helping me in ways he doesn't even know. I am so grateful to have him as my companion my last transfer. I know he will do great. The thing is I've tried to help him understand that even though he is junior companion thier is no diffrence in between us, as
in, he can say whats on his mind that we can improve or where he thinks we should go. But he is amazing. I know he will be good as a senior companion. He has amazing ideas that I don't even think of sometimes that I should, having been out for two years. Anyway, those are the things I've noticed.  I've been learning a lot reading from the new testimant. One thing imparticular that I've shared with my district is when Satan is  tempting Jesus. He tells him to jump off the building, that he can call angels to catch him, and he says no you shouldn't tempt god. Then he goes to the top of the mountains and there also satan tempts him with the kingdoms if he worships him. In these verses it reads, 


10. then saith Jesus unto him, get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Now I understand through J.S.T and a talk from Elder Bednar that ministered unto him was Jesus turning outward yet again and sending angels to minister unto John but I thought of that after my initial thoughts which were how I found it interesting refering to a scripture that says, "you shall receive a witness after the trial of your faith" that after Jesus said get thee hence Satan (and keep in mind these were pretty big trials/temptation that Jesus still had to overcome) that angels came and ministered unto him. At the time, and I still like thinking of it like this, I realized in this instance and I'm sure I'll see others too, Jesus also had to act with faith first then receive a witness of certain things. This stuck out so powerfully to me as a missionary in the situation we have been in of kind of a "drout" in our teaching pool just how important diligence and exact obedience is. And Saturday we witnessed that for sure and I know we will continue to have a witness of that.

I love you all 😊
Elder Kremer
(\(^~^)/)

No comments:

Post a Comment