Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Mission XP - 4 January 2016 Happy New Year!

Haha!

My week was good too.

Monday we played volleyball and something else! We also got a referral from the family we had been working on our duet with and we contacted that family of a less active wife and 
non-member husband that night.
We shared a message then the wife asked us our personal conversion story. It was very good. We set up a return appointment with them for Saturday. Also our family of investigators fell through Monday. They couldn't meet but they went to church Sunday and we are taking them to
temple square next week!

Tuesday was Zone Conference! So much good stuff. Elder Fehoko and I sang a super awesome version of If The Savior Stood Beside Me and it was good enough but I want to sing it for a special musical number in sacrament meeting and he doesn't. We also had dinner with the Michels and during dinner they had cards so I did a couple magic tricks and
blew there minds because that just how I do . . . Black left arrow️ that's not how talk . . .

Wednesday we ate dinner with one of our recent converts!

Thursday was just really cold. It's really cold everyday but I had nothing else to put and explaining this made at least two sentences for Thursday ;)

Friday...dang it was also really cold.

Saturday we had three appointments . . . and they all..fell through. Sickness is..yea. I had a pretty cool experience for me though. I got to see how much I actually have grown in the last year. Elder Fehoko went to a baptism and so I went on a split with a young man (Brad) who is working on being able to go on a mission. He was going to go to dinner with me and then we were going to teach the restoration to a new investigator. Brad had come with us to lessons before but we had
just asked him question or asked him to share his testimony and I didn't really like that to much because he should be getting the teaching experience. So for 30 minutes before dinner we went home and review a couple principles then I role played with him. First it reminded me exactly of me at the beginning of my mission. I couldn't remember what I had just read. I couldn't say much of anything about the principle without stopping and just saying I have no idea what to say. I was helping him with transitions sharing personal experiences and testimony and I told him no matter what you do, if you feel like you don't know what to say don't try to wrap up the principle and
transition because it's destroys b.c.s when we have to go back and cover stuff we missed. So I said just do say what you know and remember and then testify before you stop and I'll always be ready to testify to you and continue teaching the principle. He seemed a little at ease after I said that so we role-played a couple more times. And each time he would add a little more before stopping. And I shared how each missionary has a different teaching style and how as long as you continuously study the lessons and keep your testimony strong that I've found it really doesn't matter the different teaching styles. When you teach with the spirit and put enough study so he can remind you what to say it will be always what the individual needs. I felt pretty good about it. We only got through Christs earthy ministry and atonement in 30 minutes. When we got to dinner the family said they had to go right after dinner to drop the grandmother off at the
airport so we weren't able to teach the new investigator. It would have been an awesome expirience for Brad but I feel it was still a great expirience for both of us.

Sunday- honestly I loved sacrament meetings today. There were so many beautiful testimonies shared and the spirit was felt very strong by all who attended. It was great because the Ward we have the most work going on in had several less active members we are working with and one of our investigators attend church. Very powerful for anyone who was there.

Also the companionship is still doing great! We have a great vision for this stake. And we have such a great stake with an amazing stake presidency who is so focused on the missionary work!

Love ya mom!

Elder Kremer
((^~^)/)

No comments:

Post a Comment